Welcome to Isle of Wight Pride 2022
It great to be back, the following information will hopefully enable you to have a safe and fantastic time.
As well as our main stage full of wonderful performers at Eastern Gardens, we will also house the Ascensos Community Village full of useful resources, safe spaces, food and drink stalls and more!
No tickets are required, however as a charity we will ask for a fee to be placed in a bucket to gain entry to the different areas of the Ascensos Community Village and entertainment on Eastern Gardens. This will also apply if you leave and wish to return. Please make sure you have some change with you.
We are advised by the Met Office and the Island’s Emergency Planning Team that the Hot Weather Alerts will continue over the Pride Weekend. We want you to have a great time, but please stay safe and well. We are advised that water taps are available by the Harbour Office and the toilet block by Eastern Gardens.
Here are some tips:
- Apply sunscreen, wear a hat and light scarf
- Wear light, loose‑fitting cotton clothes
- Have plenty of cold drinks and avoid excess alcohol, caffeine and hot drinks
- Sprinkle water over the skin or clothing or keep a damp cloth on the back of your neck.
- We have also been advised to be aware that COVID-19 has been on the increase, you can find more advice at: www.keeptheislandsafe.org